Couldn’t join us to celebrate the Birthday of Robert Bruns? No problem! We bring you our Kitchen’s take on Haggis Bon Bons.
- 1 kg quality haggis (remove from fridge)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 swede
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 25ml malt whisky
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g plain flour
- Cut the haggis into small pieces and roll into balls. Once this has been done roll them in a little flour, followed by the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake the potatoes until just about cooked and when cooled peel and cut into chunky rectangles
- Boil the swede until soft then blend with a splash of double cream, and season. Keep warm.
- For the potatoes, make a batter by whisking the flour and water together until smooth. Dip the potatoes in to coat them in the batter and then deep fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Next bring chicken stock to the boil and reduce by about two thirds then add the mustard followed by the whisky.
- Deep fry haggis balls for 3-4 minutes until a light golden brown
- To serve, spoon swede purée onto plate, place potato fritter in the middle and arrange three Haggis Bonbons on the fritter.
- Drizzle some Whisky Grain Mustard Sauce over the top, and add a little extra on the side.